It's possible that your Tesla is more luxurious than other electric cars because of the high-quality materials and cutting-edge technologies it employs. However, this does not render it immune to blemishes. In light of this, it is essential that you know how much it would cost to have scratches removed from your Tesla.
The price range for tesla scratch repair is, roughly between $150 and $2500. There would be a minimum charge of $150 for superficial scratches and a maximum charge of $2500 for extensive paint blemishes. Depending on the severity of the damage, repairing a Tesla's paint might cost as much as $3500.
Having said that, the total cost to restore the luster of your Tesla from scratches will depend on a number of things. A good deal would be to get a quote for scratch repair from a reliable vendor.
Perhaps you scuffed the door with your jacket cuff or banged your bag on the car a little too hard. All of us may relate to that feeling. Here's a simple method for removing light scratches and scuffs without resorting to a pricey polisher.
- Two microfiber cleaning cloths, ideally with a GSM of 350 and a ratio of 70:30.
- A pad like this can be used as an alternative applicator.
- Tape for masking or for painters.
- Suggesting that there is some sort of (you can use your cell phone light).
- CarPro ClearCut, a high-cut compound, and/or Sonax clay bar degreaser polishing compound. This last polishing compound will be the perfect touch. You might not need both, depending on the scratch.
Finding out if the scratch can be repaired is the first step. Try scratching it with your fingertips. This procedure will NOT work if the scratch goes through the clear coat. There have to be some finishing touches there. Only when it's still on the clear coat will this procedure be effective. Don't forget that this is meant mainly for small scrapes.
- Get the car clean first. The link below will teach you how to use the two-bucket system that we employ.
- Then, scrub the area with a clay bar to remove any remaining dirt or grime. Lubricate with a degreaser. A smooth surface will result, and any debris that could have scratched your car during maintenance will be gone.
- Use a microfiber towel to dry it off.
- Make sure the tape covers the entire area around the scratch. That way we can be sure we aren't sprucing up any unneeded areas.
- Apply a small amount of compound on your microfiber cloth and rub the scratch out in a circular motion. It's possible that you'll need to put out a little extra effort. Repeat the process of the polishing until the scratch disappears.
- To remove the compound entirely, switch to a clean microfiber cloth and rub the area.
- Afterward, peel off the tape and repeat the process for the rest of the scratches.
Is It Worth Fixing Tesla Scratch?
It's possible that you're someone who tends to overlook blemishes here and there on their car. However, these seemingly insignificant problems may eventually escalate. Therefore, should you have a Tesla light scratches and deep scratches repaired?
Yes. If your Tesla becomes scratched, the paint will become more vulnerable to further wear and tear, and the car will rust. Fixing a small ding to the paintwork on your Tesla will extend its life.
Going to the local Tesla service center for repairs is something we would suggest to anyone who wants to avoid more serious issues in the future. A fresh coat of paint will protect the body panels from the weather.
Also, if your Tesla has a scratch, polishing it can help keep its resale value. Any vehicle with obvious cosmetic damage, including scratches or dents, will sell for less. Consider repairing minor scratches and touch ups if you intend to sell your Tesla.